***ASMR*** Self-help techniques for DP/DR – Depersonalization/Derealization

***ASMR*** Self-help techniques for DP/DR – Depersonalization/Derealization

Something a little bit different from me today. Since I’m really right in the thick of it I figured I’d make a video about this subject today. It’s very personal and it might even be triggering if you get triggered (badly) by people talking about mental disorders like DP or DR, anxiety, depression etc.

Link to the article (I didn’t forgot! Someone get a cake!): http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20892-the-holy-grail-of-curing-dpdr/

As a disclaimer.. I know full and well that this isn’t a ‘cure-all’ remedy for these issues. I know that for some it’s a disorder that’s on it’s own without any underlying anxiety. But what I do know that if you can really push yourself to keep to these guidelines you feel better regardless of what you might be working with or suffering from.

Also, I made this video as much for you guys or anybody out there seeking for some solace, as for myself. To completely but these facts in my head and make them my own.

So sorry if I sound all strict.. (as I am on my myself).

Everyone is different but I hope there are still people out there that find some relief here.

I’ve never gotten much negative comments (because you’re amazing probably) but because this is a very sensitive subject I will be moderating any insensitive comments.

Spread some love and acceptance around :).

Love you all, please take care and hold on. There’s always that next day.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/IndigoStars/1455355608068106
Tumblr: http://indigostars-asmr.tumblr.com/

1. GUNSFOREVER1 on February 7, 2019 at 5:36 pm

I’m terrified of getting dp/dr and, but I have this ASMR and my trigger is thinking about happy shit.

Is dp/dr related to ASMR? I sure don’t want to develop dp/dr.

2. MinxLaura123 ASMR on February 7, 2019 at 5:39 pm

your voice is just .. omg .. i love it!! hugs hugs hugs to you for doing this video.

3. SvdmArt on February 7, 2019 at 5:40 pm

I love you for making this, hearing this gives me hope to recover again. What helped for me is writing the steps down. Also the sound of your voice is so comforting. Gonna check out your other video’s <3

4. Suzanne Cheung on February 7, 2019 at 5:41 pm

linden method can help.

5. 3ME Welcome on February 7, 2019 at 5:44 pm

Why does everyone say that cats just do their own thing and don’t care. ..my cats literally have to be a foot from me to be comfortable and they go with me wherever I go. …

6. Joshua Torres on February 7, 2019 at 5:48 pm

Really liked your video!

7. Darien Bartholomew on February 7, 2019 at 5:48 pm

I used to go through these from time to time. Instead of resorting to self harm to feel reality, I turned to poetry and art that reflects the demons that whisper in my ear.

Black and chaotic, each stroke is a visible emotion.
    Rough and harsh, like the jagged edges of a knife.
    The turmoil flows from my brush or pen like a festering ocean.
    The nonsensical movements imitate my life.
    I often see reality in a muddled haze.
    Without warning I cry for no reason.
    These feelings can last for days.
    I tell people the tears are allergies from the coming season.
    Others claim they understand, but they do not see.
    My canvas is the handsome tragedy that is me.

I have a more positive outlook on life now and I use that to talk to people who struggle with DP/DR.
    Thank you for this video message Indigo.

8. Rob Erickson on February 7, 2019 at 5:50 pm

Thank you for this, it’s amazing. I’ve dealt with DP/DR at various times with my bipolar/panic disorder and I can’t even imagine dealing with it all the time. Stay strong!

9. Beckett 85 on February 7, 2019 at 5:54 pm

Hi Lisa. First of all thank you for the outstanding videos you’re sharing with us!
    You and ASMR-videos in general are the best sleeping aid I found so far!
    Frankly I don’t even know the end of most of them, because I usually get "knocked out" after several minutes 😀

I wish you all the best with your DP/DR-issues! Telling from your videos, you really seem to have an edge over it. But clearly I don’t know enough about this topic or you to make any qualified statement^^

Keep up the great work – you are a tremendous help – and best regards from Germany! 🙂

10. Ryan John on February 7, 2019 at 5:55 pm

Thank you for making this. I had never even heard of these things before seeing this video. I’m not sure if I experience DP/DR, but this video has given me a lot of information and tools I can use for getting out of my own head. As always, thank you for making all these videos~! ☺️

11. Ephemeral Rift on February 7, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Thanks for being brave and sharing your story, and for discussing this topic. It’s great to see another creator do a video on mental health. It’s something we can never have enough of and definitely need more of. Hopefully this will help some folks too. Stay well and I hope you’re doing better! One day at a time my friend.

12. Marik D. Hammerhead Blue on February 7, 2019 at 6:00 pm

I avoided this video a long time ,because i knew what will wait on me.

Hearing this all familiar words, i never told, but since then thought every day , seem so relieving for the moment. Comparing the descriptions of the feelings of emptiness, the black sucking void of doom, the flat reality. Edges where it should be round , and soft where is should be hard. The inversion of the own perception of the reality.

All those observations of disconnection from this "one & only real world", as a pilot in a lifeless puppet. Controlling the damn thing but never being a part of it. Wearing my own hands as gloves,
    I know what they are,
    I know where thay came from, I know how are they built,
    I know how they work, i know how to use them.
    they weak spots, their abilities, but having this stranger things before my eyes is so unnatural.

I could never properly discuss those thing twith a healthy person who never had it. And yet there are so many others who share all these traits. So is the glorified idea of being alone in the world ,an abomination on the faced opposite reality.

It is disappointing that other people had the luck to feel like this, not just me. And over that, psychologically interesting how the mind under extreme pressure creates this jump holes, to protect it self from harm, when there isn’t any, especially any real threat. Just the stress of future failing, paralyzes the actions of today, and leads to these problems. And everything just because of a few chemicals and some firework in the brain.
    The realization of the problems ,is not my problem. Just that there is no point in the distance which i should set course on.

I am not a duck lover but i like to watch them as they paddle around. I can´t look in those alienated faces and think that i could ever understand these strange creatures, with its little rules & regulations, "just don’t lose the control". Like they waddle to work and back home 6 till 14 . How they just easily float on the surface of it all , like on shore washed plastic garbage. I have never really fit in & i never will, i don´t even want to, but i also cannot connect to anybody else neither. There is no steady point where i could throw out the anchor, no light in which direction i should howl. I just don´t want to be part of it all. But i am.

The curse of the solitary Wolfes. So i bravely brush my teeth and go to sleep. :3
    So i can complain tomorrow.

Aimless drifting on dark sea. On gooey, heavy waters , in a ivory vessel. Forever.

Good night. 😉

13. Brian Montero on February 7, 2019 at 6:00 pm

"yay for sex" 😛

14. aaron kroodsma on February 7, 2019 at 6:02 pm

good vid!

15. Parigina BiotéSanté on February 7, 2019 at 6:02 pm

Hi I’m French… And my English is bad… I’m DP/DR and it’s possible to give me the traduction in French? Here, the DP/DR is don’t inderstand … We are alone…. Thanks !

16. darkblade on February 7, 2019 at 6:08 pm

1,014 subscribers . You go girl!

17. Serenidox Vessel on February 7, 2019 at 6:09 pm

thank you for pinching, bright and still Star of north. I will press through the tunnel, preparing for water and fire!

18. gasmaskboi19371945 on February 7, 2019 at 6:10 pm

I feel that everyone else is real apart from me due to the fact I’m a watching myself. I kind of feel that I as a body and person is real but I am a camera watching the life in first person.

19. polo c on February 7, 2019 at 6:13 pm

The video is awesome 😉

20. Sarah Rotenberg on February 7, 2019 at 6:17 pm

It feels so nice to hear someone talk about DP. I’m the only person I know who has it, and no one really gets it. And it never come sup in discussions about mental illness. So thank you so much for this video

21. Im Simply Sasuke on February 7, 2019 at 6:19 pm

i have chronic stress with my dp. i dont know if thats normal. i hope it is.

22. [CB] Hemptastic on February 7, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Why are you whispering or talking smacking your lips or something like that but anyways good vid

23. Andromeda Hawking on February 7, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Oh gosh, I’m running into DP/DR more and more frequently these days. I don’t think it’s at the point where it’s chronic and I don’t think it will get there (knock on wood), but my experiences with it range from confusing to kind of scary. My senses are fine, but my brain sort of rejects the idea that what I perceive is real. It helped once, though(a little). I was on a plane, and since I suffer from acrophobia/aviophobia, I kind of tapped into the DP/DR stuff to convince myself I wasn’t actually 35,000 ft. up in the air without anything touching the ground. All the other times, though, it’s just sort of been an unsettling disconnect. It doesn’t just happen, per se, but it’s a state of mind I sometimes go towards, with varying intention, and I have to consciously pull myself out, and thank god, it’s not too hard for me. I hope that you and other people who have it worse than I do are coping well with it, ’cause it doesn’t sound like a fun thing to run into on a frequent basis.

24. Jeremy Dockery on February 7, 2019 at 6:23 pm

When I was having so much trouble with my anxiety and depression, I think I may have experienced this. I remember being in a store or somewhere else, and it would seem  like I was looking at people through a window. Or like I was someplace else different than they were. And when I would talk to people, it would seem like there was a barrier between them and me. I don`t know really how to explain it. It was really just weird!
    Hope this isn`t triggering, because I know that whole "You read it, see it or hear it, you have it" type of thing. At least it is for me.
    PS: Kind of glad I did`nt fall asleep this morning, Alicia may have just decided to visit me in my dreams  😛

25. Braden Kennedy on February 7, 2019 at 6:24 pm

26. Suzanne Cheung on February 7, 2019 at 6:25 pm

heal adrenal, Candida and thyroid etc. Nutrition, deliverance, nature and exercise etc

27. KissMyAspergers on February 7, 2019 at 6:31 pm

I finally got around to watching this today because my depression has been really bad again lately and my anxiety also seems to be coming back. It was a wonderful video. I am starting to feel better. Thank you so much for your hard work. I hope to see more videos like this in the future, you are a very sensitive and intelligent person.

28. Max0r847 on February 7, 2019 at 6:34 pm

I think I would enjoy this condition. By default I’m the opposite. I’m too locked into physical reality as if it is all there is. It is only through great struggle and discipline that I’ve had a few opportunities to experience it as an unreal magical wonderland. Even more strange is that I suffer anxiety and depression, but the opposite is going on. Everything is more real when I feel this way. And I feel this way because I abandoned myself to indulgence and laze. I’m almost jealous of you all. What I don’t understand is how can it be such a bad thing to experience things as not so real? I like when things are dark and mysterious