Meet Yourself: A User’s Guide to Building Self-Esteem: Niko Everett at TEDxYouth@BommerCanyon

Niko Everett would like to introduce you to someone she thinks you should know-YOU! As the founder of Girls for Change, Niko has helped many young teens transform their communities and themselves by holding up a powerful mirror. In this engaging talk, Niko will demonstrate how anyone- from boys and girls to grown men and women can get a glimpse into their own transformational looking glass too. Inspirational and empowering. FInd out more about Niko’s work on http://nikoeverett.com

In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)

1. Emiliano Leal on February 7, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Umã delîcia

2. LOL LUL on February 7, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Through high school quite a few people have chased me, and some of them were absolute bomb shells. One asshole told me in my face that he thought I was ugly and somehow I took his word for it, while ignoring the fact that some pretty people liked me. What he said to me stayed with me my entire high school and even now when girls talk to me I still think about what he said to me and then I would question their motives behind coming to talk to me. God I wish I had never met that fucking asshole.

3. ninahasnoname on February 7, 2019 at 7:12 pm

This is exactly the encouragement I needed today. Thank you for this.

4. Mehrshad Zandigohar on February 7, 2019 at 7:13 pm

This was great

5. Luiza Solano on February 7, 2019 at 7:13 pm

incredible!! i’ve decided from now on that i’m gonna love myself more, and be proud of myself on the little things. thank you for helping me out.

6. rozhan moghim on February 7, 2019 at 7:16 pm

7. Amy Smith on February 7, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Building Self Esteem http://amzn.to/2Atsk5T

8. Sophie Shepherd on February 7, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Her enthusiasm is exhausting to watch, but I’m glad this video exists.

9. Kajeczkaa on February 7, 2019 at 7:17 pm

One of the best TedX talks, thank you.

10. Monz Palacios on February 7, 2019 at 7:18 pm

11. Liisa Shangheta on February 7, 2019 at 7:19 pm

I’ve been looking for this. What a great ted talk!

12. Bostan M on February 7, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Hi world!! rememeber! you are great just because you are great! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjMLIcdvw9o&t=1s

13. Sweet Hippie on February 7, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Beautiful woman, beautiful soul, beautiful story. As a 20 year old woman, I am struggling to accept my life and my self. Ive been insecure all my life…it’s like a battle I can never win but it’s just within. I hope to discover the beauty of myself. I hope to radiate it to the universe. I know I am good hearted, kind, funny, loving soul. I deserve to be happy…time to introduce myself.

14. Yabancı on February 7, 2019 at 7:21 pm

I need to be around you:`(

15. Lucentio on February 7, 2019 at 7:21 pm

I want to ask: what can I do to help a friend who has a very low self-esteem? he keeps blaming himself about anything, avoids socializing because he thinks people’s life would be better without him.

16. Rohit Goswami on February 7, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Niko again sweetheart god bless u

17. Douglas Castillo on February 7, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Nice video !

18. Tanushree Ghosh on February 7, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Not everyone has Julie I have some bitches as my friend

19. Luiza Solano on February 7, 2019 at 7:25 pm

things i love about myself:

1- i’m hardworking
    2- i’m gentle
    3- i’m fun
    4- i sing nicely
    5- i tought myself how to speak English fluently (Portuguese’s my first language)
    6- i always wanna help people and make them smile

20. Nilakshi Pathak on February 7, 2019 at 7:26 pm

This was simply so beautiful and very thought-provoking!

21. YIKE HAN on February 7, 2019 at 7:27 pm

in my culture, people used to become modesty. people just like to follow others, if others are modesty, they will be modesty too, even if they are unique and beautiful. i am a typical example of low self-esteem. in public, i am out-going and brave and positive. but the real me is actually self-abased, weak. follow whatever others say. i totally forget how unique and right myself is . i have been fighting against low self esteem for 3 years. i am still on the way to find my own self, i know it takes time but i will never give up. although i have lots of negative thoughts in my mind, i will try best to delete it . i do not find my "julie" right now, but maybe i can be the julie of myself. i;m glad that i see so many people have the same concern as me. let’s fight against low self esteem together, let’s never give up ourselves. we define ourselves, others will NEVER define us. always believe, you are unique you are great you are admirable you are admirable you are admirable you deserve all the love, kindness, you deserve every good things.

22. Level1 Mallow on February 7, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Why not just acknowledge the self-criticisms we have of ourselves as true and either resolving them or forgiving ourselves for them? Trying to block them out with positive thoughts is being fake and deluded and inwardly we all know this, that’s why it doesn’t work.

23. Aditya Mehra on February 7, 2019 at 7:28 pm

so , i wrote 4, but now i am blank

24. OG Loc on February 7, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Always some middle class, well educated, white cracker bitch, trying to convince the world that life is soooooo hard for her.
    Your comfortable life is NOT a REAL problem ffs.

Fuck Off Cunt!

25. golgi apparatus on February 7, 2019 at 7:30 pm

What if I dont have a Julie..or anyone..

26. Spoken word Truth on February 7, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Lose self-doubt in your life and embrace or marry your purpose. Feel free to check out this inspirational YouTube link below:

27. TheFallenAlice on February 7, 2019 at 7:35 pm

I have a high self esteem if it comes to my body but low if it comes to my personality lol

28. M O on February 7, 2019 at 7:37 pm

If the media could objectify women less, we’d all be better off

29. Emiliano Leal on February 7, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Kkkkkk

30. Ali Pashazadeh on February 7, 2019 at 7:40 pm

u r perfect

31. Dan on February 7, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Here are some inspiring quotes that will change your life forever

32. AlphaVegan on February 7, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Ten things that I love about myself
    1. I help a lot of people either by buying them food, drugs or giving them money
    2. I am always kind, positive and loving towards others
    3. I teach people on how to overcome their problems the way I learned how and I did it
    4. I am taking care of my grandparents now when are old and need help
    5. I started expressing my trapped emotions and traumas from the past and I started saying to my family how much I love them every day
    6. I am honest with everyone
    7. I am hard working and I keep my promises
    8. I have overcome many health challenges in my life and in general, I overcome any challenges for my 26 years of age
    9. I’ve learned how to overcome my social anxiety and depression and I learned how to talk to strangers and how to meet new people and how to be around large groups
    10. I am so proud of my self that I manage to stop working for others and to start building my own business and lifestyle based on helping others achieve the transformation I did and with that I will have enough money to keep helping and creating big charities as well as helping individuals in my town or country who need help. And the best thing is that I do what I love every day and I am achieving my dreams and thus my future and life is infinite and limitless in any way and I am completely independent 🙂

33. Jennifer on February 7, 2019 at 7:43 pm

I’m 35 with low self esteem. I lost myself 9 yrs ago when I entered into an abusive relationship. I’ve been trying to get him out of my life so I can find myself.. 🙁 it’s like a never ending nightmare

34. Emiliano Leal on February 7, 2019 at 7:46 pm

Sopa dõ macaco

35. kneaf knoz on February 7, 2019 at 7:48 pm

negative schemas cannot be broken without rationalization of whats wrong with it.

36. Paul Braiden on February 7, 2019 at 7:48 pm

"So I checked it out with the other girls …. " Women are lucky in this way because in a group of men I would never have been able to do this. (I do know that women are not "lucky" in other ways in our society …. .)

37. dealingwithkatherine on February 7, 2019 at 7:49 pm

This video just reminded me that I’m useless and I’m not good at anything, did the opposite of what I wanted it to do.

38. •Anna_ •Broken on February 7, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Im tired of being called betrayer or slut by girls in my school… Im sooo tired of guys telling me to get back in the kitchen and that a girl should nit be a gamer… I hate it… I so much hate it… Im being judged for who i am… I decited to live my life throught roblox cause my friends there understand me… Im glad im not like other people in my school to show off my stomach and butt or to wear way too much make up with 12 years… I just want to be accepted for who i am…

39. Tanushree Ghosh on February 7, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Delete it’s not happening

40. Pascale Bauman on February 7, 2019 at 7:57 pm

Coming across this video is a miracle for me. The inspiration is exactly what I need at this present moment. Thank you thank you so much!

41. dikbjdfh g on February 7, 2019 at 7:57 pm

I want to have good self esteem and truly love myself but I don’t know how to start and I have to heal but I dont know where I should go. And I don’t know how to start convos and meet people when I don’t know anybody. I don’t have anyone to talk to in my classes. And I just can’t make myself to talk them and I don’t know why bc they they don’t seem that rude. But i just can’t try to talk to them. It’s like im going to try but then I just don’t.

42. Ali Pashazadeh on February 7, 2019 at 8:01 pm

I,m proud of myself

43. Marjolein van der Perk on February 7, 2019 at 8:01 pm

She inspires me to become an encourager of people. I feel like I have a gift to make people feel good about themselves.

44. Kiran kamesh on February 7, 2019 at 8:02 pm

self-esteem can be an important part of success. Too little self-esteem can leave people feeling defeated or depressed. It can also lead people to make bad choices, fall into destructive relationships, or fail to live up to their full potential. But what about too much self-esteem? Narcissism can certainly be off-putting and can even damage personal relationships.

Self-esteem levels at the extreme high and low ends of the spectrum can be damaging, so the ideal is to strike a balance somewhere in the middle. As you might imagine, there are different factors that can influence self-esteem. Genetic factors that help shape overall personality can play a role, but it is often our experiences that form the basis for overall self-esteem. Those who consistently receive overly critical or negative assessments from caregivers, family members, and friends, for example, will likely experience problems with low self-esteem. This speaker in this video has a perfect fulcrum that develops balance between the two extremes, so stay positive and stay bright.

45. Lip Meow on February 7, 2019 at 8:03 pm

My boyfriend’s mother doesn’t like me because i am not Christian 🙁 i know this is riduculous but it makes me depressed and i do not know how to feel happy again.

46. Learn Smart Work Hard on February 7, 2019 at 8:03 pm

Meet Yourself!!!!!!!!!!! Just Love Yourself!!!!!!!

47. Mahi Mahima on February 7, 2019 at 8:04 pm

I’m living with a person who always tries to put me down.She is so mean.I don’t expect any complement from her.

48. Alessandro Dema on February 7, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Lol, i hate myself, but ok