my addiction to self help (the truth about self help books)

my addiction to self help (the truth about self help books)

Enjoy

Camera equipment used in this video: (affiliate links)

My Camera:

Canon 35mm 1.4

Canon 50mm 1.2

►1-on-1 skype sessions: sthalxndr@gmail.com
► hoodies + t-shirts here: https://goo.gl/S9Q7BD | ships globally
► instagram: https://goo.gl/5eDmTt

filmed on canon 1dx markii

1. PRESUMINGED35 on February 7, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Irish Proverb, " You can’t plough a field, by turning it over in your mind."

Zen, doing the action with out thinking

The greatest and shortest Motivational Speech EVER…!!!! Just do It ….NIKE….

excellent video, dialogue and on screen charisma , ( try and get yourself more central on the screen )

2. Artemone1000 on February 7, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Man, I am like you. I’ve already read 20 books and want to read all books on our planet about self-development (thank you for the recommendation of "Awaken The Giant Within", I’ve already added it to my list). If you read the book "will power: by McGonigal you will find that success is actually infectious. I will provide you example: I also have a friend (situation like yours completely), he always drink cola zero (for 3 yeads). I told him a lot of times = nothing. When everyday we have a meal together, he sees what I eat and drink (it’s very healthy stuff). So, first time in his life, he gave up drinking cola. U can convince smbd to do smth not by words, but by your action. I’ve lost 20 kilo of weight, so that guy gave up drinking zero because he saw an incredible change that I did. This experience that you have with your friend, when he just went to play video game, teaches you, it literally teaches you how to teach your kids. Because you can convince a kid doing smth only if you doing it. An incredible hard truth about "miror-neurons". Action is bull shit man. It won’t help people. Only if you will become extremely successful at least in 1 aspect of your life, only if you will show him the power of "your action", you friend will give up playing video games at the age 28, like mine gave up drinking cola.

3. Matt C on February 7, 2019 at 5:39 pm

‘Wish it. Want it. Do it.’ will put your plan in to action. If that doesn’t work, try ‘Zone Theory’.

4. Aditya Jain on February 7, 2019 at 5:40 pm

Tell me the name of that successful man

5. adam l chavez on February 7, 2019 at 5:42 pm

Absolutely!

6. Ermek Cherikchiev on February 7, 2019 at 5:43 pm

I will take action towards my dream

7. Caleb Greer on February 7, 2019 at 5:44 pm

self development is a pact you make with yourself that is never completely fulfilled. There is always a better version of yourself.

8. Lukas Mukin on February 7, 2019 at 5:46 pm

I have that Book Seth
    Awaken The Giant Within
    It’s a great book

9. Sidney on February 7, 2019 at 5:46 pm

i will take action towards my dreams

10. 89bb bb98 on February 7, 2019 at 5:46 pm

No one needs self help books nor motivational videos. Everyone is already complete.If you set a goal you want to achieve then that means you’re basically telling yourself that you aren’t comfortable being yourself.That’s a harsh way of living.Rather than setting goals just do what you feel like doing, what you like. You will most likely take actions on those things.Feel happy not by achieving goals but the sense of growth.Keep an eye out for the things that makes you feel awful too,those will be your guide for what to avoid.Just accept who you are and don’t compare yourself with others. No one is the same after all. You are an expert of yourself, don’t let “self help” control you.

11. Catalina Marquez on February 7, 2019 at 5:49 pm

Great. download WISE UNIVERSAL from the PLAY STORE. Shocking

12. Monjit Chetia on February 7, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Totally agreed

13. Coconut Pete on February 7, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Excellent video! You should read the book "ACTION! Nothing Happens Until Something Moves" by Robert Ringer. Like you I’ve read tons of "success" books and have fallen into the procrastination trap because of it. But, this book "ACTION" may be the best one I’ve read to date… and I started my addiction back in the 80’s. 😀

14. Michael Daniels on February 7, 2019 at 5:53 pm

I will take action towards my dreams, mark my words!!!

15. Tunda Wannamaker on February 7, 2019 at 5:53 pm

I am so glad i just found this video…i started when i was 12 writing poems and coming from a place of helping others and myself. new sub

16. Catalina Marquez on February 7, 2019 at 5:53 pm

Great download SAVI CATALÀ from the PLAY STORE. Shocking

17. Vaughn Mohaddess on February 7, 2019 at 5:57 pm

I will take action towards my dreams

18. Monica Merino on February 7, 2019 at 5:57 pm

Why not just read the bible; God knows everything

19. Kishalay Sinha on February 7, 2019 at 5:57 pm

Self-help books DO help tremendously if you choose the RIGHT self-help books. My stupendous success was made possible by My thorough study of many excellent self-help books. – G

20. Felipe Mandujano on February 7, 2019 at 5:59 pm

For the past five years my dream has been to one day have a room full of self development books, from floor to seeking but I started thinking shouldn’t my goal be to become a person who doesn’t need a room full of self development book?

21. cbfenix on February 7, 2019 at 5:59 pm

Do what makes u happy …that’s it !

22. christopher soler on February 7, 2019 at 6:00 pm

This video shook the hell out of me! just followed you channel

23. Millicia Bethea on February 7, 2019 at 6:03 pm

Enjoyed!!!

24. Nitesh Veriya on February 7, 2019 at 6:03 pm

Umm, sorry but i’m only 80% agree with you, you can take action and read books at the same time. You can learn someone’s mistake from a book and not do it by yourself. But still in some way i understand you are trying to say.

25. Fil Cona on February 7, 2019 at 6:04 pm

I will take action! Thank you 🙂

26. chevalier577 on February 7, 2019 at 6:07 pm

yeah there are people who seem to be natural. born perhaps with just the right input, had the right experiences to achieve there dreams. then there are the broken ones who believe they need fixing and they do. and they love the self help books and it inspiires them and if theyre lucky they get the right infomation they can make it.. so self help will always be needed because the broken ones need to fill there minds constantly with positive stuff. the positivity creates the higher frequency needed for the law of attraction to kick in.

27. Karol Lewczuk on February 7, 2019 at 6:09 pm

I will take action towards my dreams.

28. Linus Bao on February 7, 2019 at 6:09 pm

the ending fire

29. Ich Nochmalich on February 7, 2019 at 6:09 pm

man u hit me always in the right spot! xD … ouch !
    its an inportant lesson. but. i got it. do u wanna know how long it took me to learn? approx. 2 years of self-help-leterature. You had my part on that journey too! big thanks man!

30. Van Gemmell on February 7, 2019 at 6:10 pm

You mean I have to actually DO something? This is so right on the money. Thanks Seth.

31. Kiki Dejean on February 7, 2019 at 6:11 pm

I ended up on your video because of a question that I had: Is it possible that I’m addicted to self help because it takes away the anxiety that comes from actually having to do something. I realize it’s like that false sense of greatness that people feel in church: “The Bible says: Love your enemy. Feed the hungry. Give shelter to the needy”. “Amen, amen amen!” You feel like you are already a good person only by having heard that message without actually applying it. lol. Self help continues our cycle of procrastination….

32. Aditya Jain on February 7, 2019 at 6:11 pm

Amazing video man

33. Beat Mymeat on February 7, 2019 at 6:13 pm

Secret to life: truth and action

I learned a lot of things on my self help journey, which has pretty much come to an end.

And that is that I couldn’t be happier with this result, I can finally get my life back from this ratchet unconscious addiction.

I support this message, I support this channel, but I won’t be watching it 🙂

34. Score Footy on February 7, 2019 at 6:18 pm

_Your camera angle triggers me_

35. Jesus Frelser on February 7, 2019 at 6:22 pm

I was into self help as well, and still am, for about 20 years. Then one night God spoke to me in a dream and told me about my goals and goal setting. Basically he told me that I would achieve all my dreams if I trusted in his timing instead of striving on my own. That completely turned my life around. I knew at that moment that God was real and he was what I had been missing all along. From that moment on all my goals started happening, and I put aside the childish dreams that weren’t good for me. All because of Jesus. Jesus saves ✝️

36. kyoru on February 7, 2019 at 6:22 pm

such an eye opener for me.. coz im starting to get addicted to self help books. thanks for making this video

37. traderpapertiga on February 7, 2019 at 6:23 pm

An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

38. Angelos Mandratzis on February 7, 2019 at 6:25 pm

I u take action towards my dreams

PS: have you ever heard something about Jiddu Krishnamurti?

39. Seth Alexander on February 7, 2019 at 6:26 pm

Bonus points if you can name the song at the end… (no cheating)

40. Matt Herbert on February 7, 2019 at 6:26 pm

I am taking actions toward my dreams. Love your work bro. Thank you.

41. Zya J Seith on February 7, 2019 at 6:27 pm

I will take action towards my dreams. 🙂

42. Kishalay Sinha on February 7, 2019 at 6:28 pm

Getting brainwashed by great authors who are cunning foxes can be a good thing. – G

43. Matthew Menny29 on February 7, 2019 at 6:29 pm

I will take action towards my dreams

44. Tejas Gowda on February 7, 2019 at 6:30 pm

I will take action towards my dreams.

45. Falzelo on February 7, 2019 at 6:32 pm

I agree with you. just do anything.
    I’m not addicted to self-help products (well, I was, for a short period of time when I was 18-19 or something), but then I quickly hate them for their pseudo-science nature. I believe that the only valuable lessons are the lessons you have to learn by your own actions and consequences.
    I experiment with myself a lot. I tried being ambitious, I tried being lazy. I tried predicting the future as much as I can and planning in detail, I tried just going with the flow. I tried loving, I tried hating, etc.
    At the end, it turns out there is no formula for accomplishment. Probably there is a balance equation that I have yet to discover. I was doubting constantly, asking myself what did I do wrong. Of course, i was wrong about many things.
    but there is one lesson that I learned by heart after years of experimenting, thinking and doubting: you need to do. Do anything. you don’t know what your dream is, then just do things that you feel comfortable with at this moment. You want to improve yourself but don’t know how, then just do something to improve yourself in a random direction.
    things don’t happen if you just think about it. spend less time thinking, and do something because as you do things, you’ll realize new methods, theories, interactions that your head cannot picture.

46. FoxCZ on February 7, 2019 at 6:33 pm

It’s so me. 🙁 But Im so bussy because of school. :/

47. Cazzie Brown on February 7, 2019 at 6:33 pm

I like how this is filmed
    And the message 🙂

48. Sally K on February 7, 2019 at 6:34 pm

I will take action on my dreams