Why The Most Successful People Don’t Do Personal Development

Why The Most Successful People Don’t Do Personal Development

A deep look at whether self help is really necessary to be successful and happy in life.

The Ultimate Life Purpose Course – Create Your Dream Career:

Leo’s Top 140 Self Help Books

1. Craig Pick on February 7, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Brilliant stuff Leo, one of your very best videos..

2. jacobtb1 on February 7, 2019 at 7:11 pm

I thought everyone knew kurt offed himself.

3. Casper Bjerkehagen on February 7, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Success in what? Status, influece and money? That does not equal a successful LIFE..
    Being here moment by moment accepting what is does

4. David Boquiren on February 7, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Man!,thats why the vocalist of linkin park suicide.

5. Janaka Huang on February 7, 2019 at 7:17 pm

I always wanted to be superstar but when I was a kid I always worry ended up like Elvis or Robin Williams .. That is one reason I have to develop myself through meditation especially self observation. Self development in rounder must come first before success come to me. I am sorry for George Michael died in his sleep. and Also some of my my favorite icon like Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston or even Danny Chan …

6. Monroe Morgan on February 7, 2019 at 7:21 pm

Great great video!

7. TGirlModelMayhem on February 7, 2019 at 7:23 pm

I worked as a publicist and have personally worked with actors/actresses and I can confirm that many are immature and rude as FUCK.

8. Talmadge Spicer on February 7, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Without true happiness, there is no true success.
    The point of self-help is to no longer need self-help. Just like you don’t stay in college forever, there comes a point where you can review but it is ultimately time to focus on actual practice.

9. eroletu on February 7, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Why do you choose affiliate marketing, is youtube sharing the most effective way? What other options we have?

10. Sodham G'morris on February 7, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Dead right, man – PD is essential in modern life…these times we live in have made the old ways of just drifting completely obsolete. Our culture is caustic – gotta steel yourself against it!

11. Μichalis V on February 7, 2019 at 7:25 pm

”..as skilled musician as Kurt Cobain” LOL Leo, I think you should re-evaluate your musical perceptions about what can be considered as ”skilled” or ”good” so your examples can be more realistic and more to the point. Kurt Cobain could compose some catchy songs which is awesome of course but you don’t call Kurt Cobain a ”skilled guitarist”. Well, great lecture anyway, keep it up brother but man.. music. Educate yourself and listen to some good music, that’s MY advise to you 😛

12. Natasha Desai on February 7, 2019 at 7:28 pm

I just watched this other very demotivating video about why personal development is a waste of time, but after watching this, I’m feeling positive again and thought I should send you my thanks 🙂

13. Willy Weird on February 7, 2019 at 7:28 pm

8:41

Thank me later.

14. The Planet of Health on February 7, 2019 at 7:29 pm

Being at the right place at the right time is just about everything when achieving massive success and at a super young age like Justin Bieber. Realistic success on the other hand, such as making your first million at age 40 or 50. Thats through your hard work grind and hustle entirely.

15. C J Allison on February 7, 2019 at 7:30 pm

I disagree that we only have one life…

16. kevmuzic on February 7, 2019 at 7:32 pm

RIP Avicii

17. VicaMOOR on February 7, 2019 at 7:32 pm

– Kurt Cobain shot himself
    – Walt Disney was a businessman. Hardly creative.
    – …

18. Md. Saiful Islam on February 7, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Leo, as you said… if I do not have any extra hand or belonging to be successful, what could be the next video to note to achieve …

Give me a sequal to understand the next step please…

19. Jesus Stjohn on February 7, 2019 at 7:34 pm

20. Space Bro on February 7, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Success is ultimately defined by you and you alone and not other people. And that is the real challenge, defining what ‘success’ really is to you. Whatever it is I dont think anyone will be truly successful without conscious dedication and effort.

21. Kurt Cobain on February 7, 2019 at 7:39 pm

So does it mean you can’t be happy if you are famous? I wish you will answer…

22. Faiz Shabo on February 7, 2019 at 7:39 pm

Hey Leo, what is the difference between a self-actualized person VS a normal egocentric person at the time of death or let say, near death?

23. adambakas13 on February 7, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Why does success always mean money and fame?

24. raphael Antoine on February 7, 2019 at 7:47 pm

Isn’t Bill gates a successful men with an open mind and someone who did some personal Development, I’ve read somewhere he showed 10 books every young men should read to get on life

25. Peter Smith on February 7, 2019 at 7:48 pm

I love your mindset x

26. Ray on February 7, 2019 at 7:51 pm

What if person A ends up taking action after the two years and applies everything he knows???????

27. U V on February 7, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Good video and good questions.Kurt Cobain killed himswlf though

28. youtube watcher on February 7, 2019 at 7:52 pm

New people diagnosed with cancer everyday. Non smoking people. Why people keep relating cancer to smoking when cancer can have many causes, one as simple as food.

29. Judy Ceccherini on February 7, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Thank you again, Leo. Great help for the transformations I am making in my life.

30. Lola G on February 7, 2019 at 7:54 pm

great vid!

31. Bendfate on February 7, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Eminem meditates.

32. Marco Mahdi on February 7, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Thank you.

33. Mjeed Alwheeb on February 7, 2019 at 7:59 pm

I have mastered condemn myself … very disappointing

34. Arthur Heidt on February 7, 2019 at 7:59 pm

they were born into an environment like trump and lived of the huge leverage

35. Stahpitt on February 7, 2019 at 7:59 pm

10:40 Christopher Hitchens comes to mind.

36. Sayah Shalhoup on February 7, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Watching this 06:00 in the morning.

37. raginald7 Mars on February 7, 2019 at 8:01 pm

There are Persons beyond any Help, no matter how good the coach or Master. They are the Market for those Self help Development Gurus and their products. Then there are those Talents who choose their Master to reach a higher level of performance. Who taught the Blind Ray Charles play the Piano…he played what he Loved, no matter what…

38. Natalia Llarena on February 7, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Leo, every single video of yours is so, so powerful!!! You make my day, every day!!! You are a wonderful young man, absolutely inspiring & powerful. Thanks, thanks so much!!

39. SImpleBlacksmith on February 7, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Love that landmine metaphor

40. Zakirah Hakim on February 7, 2019 at 8:01 pm

true.
    suffi masters say have one foot in this world meaning material and
    one foot in the next meaning spiritual.
    i have very rich girl cousins they have money but the pain of unfullfilling marriages now very bitter girls cant smile
    i next to them okay off comfortable.
    yet i can smile all the time this is with humilty i say.

41. OverflowURS on February 7, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Leo is cooler and more successful (in the real sense) than any of the actual "celebrities".

42. Vic Nakhaychuk on February 7, 2019 at 8:03 pm

Wisdom here. Thx man

43. Yan ja on February 7, 2019 at 8:04 pm

You’re Jesus and I’m not even religious!!

44. Vivien Sian on February 7, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Hey Leo! Is there any reason why one is hesitating on taking action? And how to overcome that?

45. ectlion on February 7, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Bill Gates reads tons of books. Russel Brand does yoga every morning. These are the examples that come to my mind, but Im sure there are tons of successful and well rounded people that do self development.
    And lots of successful people have mentors that guide them through life. Thats another form of self-improvement.

46. jñjkñlklñ ajhiop on February 7, 2019 at 8:07 pm

brilliant video

47. Gera Ramos on February 7, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Leo your the best! Always providing the best info! Thank you so much!

48. Melody Lalala on February 7, 2019 at 8:09 pm

I don’t want to be Justin Bieber. 🙂

49. Jamie Rewerts on February 7, 2019 at 8:10 pm

the 2 artists he described in this video are Eminem and Taylor Swift. Listen closely…